Wednesday, March 22, 2006

On 50...

Could it be? Could I really be writing a two-fer today? Are you so lucky as that? Well, most of you can tune out I guess. You see, one thing I am known for both inside and outside the confines of my family is that I am fairly horrible at keeping in touch. The phone and I have a relationship that is stormy at best and depends a lot on my proximity to it at the time it indicates an incoming call. I’m not sure I was even aware that my phone could make outgoing calls at all. And letter writing is so archaic. I cannot be relied upon to affix a stamp on anything (unless you won one of my Ebay items, in which case I promise your item is in the mail).

So it goes that I have to use this blog as my primary form of communication with the outside world…

And the thing that I simply must communicate today is: “Dude Martha, you’re like…old. You turned 50 today. How does that feel?”

Happy Birthday Martha! You are not long for this world, so I just wanted to send along my congrats before I’m placing flowers on your grave…and reminiscing about all those family events…that I missed.

See you this weekend. Try not to blow out a knee...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BWAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA!!! I'm crying, man...that's too much!!!
She's gonna nuke you!!!

Happy Birthday Martha!!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Beeley said...

I figured I was going to get it anyway...

But I am one dead nephew...

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Begin praying NOW Beeley! haaaaa!!!! Maybe you too OTHER Nephew! HEY, I'll take the happy wishes for as long as I'm on this earth. True True I may not be long for this world, as my passion is riding horses. You just never know....And I think I've had a change of plans as far as immediate retaliation. I think I'll form a very close bond (one of which I already have) with the Ru and K-Mad and let them do my bidding....oh how sweet it will be over the next few (50) years. Daughters can surely make their Daddies squirm in such a contorted way.HAAAAAAAAAAA! (and after the very sweet things I said about you two aptly named BOZO'S this morning)
The GREAT Aunt M

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home