Friday, December 02, 2005

On Inevitability...

Well, it looks like it’s a done deal. Despite serious questions to the real motives of the OB/GYN delivering our daughter we now have made the final decision to do a c-section. My wife obtained a second decision from an unaffiliated doctor yesterday (e.g., not a doctor affiliated with her current doctor’s practice). He basically admitted that he had not seen a case of a women delivering with a diaphragmatic hernia before, but that with modern c-sections successful about 99% of the time, why risk it? He ran down the risk factors if something were to go wrong with her hernia, including risks to the child if she were unable to push our daughter out and an emergency c-section were to be performed. That being said, he did understand the reason we wanted a second opinion. Apparently even he thought that not having a banana head baby probably wasn’t a sound reason to just up and have major surgery.

So it looks like 9 January at 12:00pm is around the time Kaleigh Madison will take her first breath outside the womb. I don’t want to freak any of you out, because I’m certainly not about to pass out or anything, but that is only about 5 weeks away. I’ve had certain foods stay in my gestational track longer than that. I’m not always able to describe my…uh…feelings well. So I’ll use a movie reference to describe what I’m thinking. Remember in The Matrix (the good one) where Neo and Agent Smith are fighting in the subway station. Neo is pinned down on the train tracks when you hear the train coming and Smith says: “You hear that. That is the sound of inevitability”.

Sorry for the movie reference, it was the best I could do right now. I thought of doing an interpretive dance, but those don’t translate well to blogs…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home