Thursday, January 19, 2006

On Hiatus...

I don’t know where to even start. You may have noticed my conspicuous absence from the blogosphere for the past three weeks. Some of you may have even heckled me one of my comments sections. Heckling is, of course, the highest form of flattery and I thank you profusely.

I would like to put to rest the rumors that have swirled around my absence. I was not, in fact, saving the world from certain destruction. I am no Jack Bauer, even though I am currently enjoying a Netflix orgy detailing his adventures. I also have not run out of things to say. No, the Halls of Mental Midgetry have been particularly raucous of late with all sorts of blog worthy items. And for once, I can claim that it wasn’t laziness that kept me from my writing duties….well, not solely at least.

Because I like to pretend that thousands of people who don’t know me in real life read this, I will act like you didn’t know that the aforementioned Kaleigh Madison joined us recently. It is also worthy to note that although scheduled to be delivered on 9 January, Kaleigh decided on other plans. That is to say, water broke when it was not supposed to and Kaleigh arrived almost a full week early. She must have heard my opinions on planning and decided she agreed with Dad. This is something I hope to see more of quite frankly.

Weighing in at 6 pounds and 13 ounces, and 19 inches long, I was surprised to find that such tiny fingers could have me wrapped around them already. Life has certainly taken a turn for the surreal as both my wife and I adjust to having another person…a very little person, living with us. We are also adjusting to Kaleigh’s notion that nighttime is for being awake and daytime is for being comatose. This is not totally unlike her mother during our college years… I, of course, believe that being comatose is appropriate for all times.

I will catch up with you more tomorrow. Right now, I think I’ll try and catch up on some sleep. I’ve never slept as well as a I do here at work….

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful... glad to see you are back at, um... work.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home