Thursday, December 22, 2005

On Poetry...

The following poem was created by my wife's 7th period class as an ode to her. Each kid wrote at least two lines and passed it on.

Mrs. Plowden, Mrs. Plowden, what can I say.
Having you teach us just makes our day.

We love you Mrs. Plowden, and someday maybe
You’ll come back and show us the new baby.

Hey Mrs. Plowden, I won’t fall anymore.
But I’ll continue to read classics, Quoth the raven, nevermore.

We are sad that you are going away,
You are nice, and we want you to stay.

Thank you for being a great teacher all this time,
Yeah, I can’t really come up with a good rhyme.

Mrs. Plowden you were too kind,
A teacher like you is hard to find.

We will miss you a lot when you’re gone,
But we are sure you will be a good mom.

You have cleared the path to lead the way,
To a bright future that will guide us all the way.

You’re the best English teacher ever.
Good luck with your new baby and we’ll remember you forever.

Mrs. Plowden, I’m sorry to see you go,
I hope you come back with baby in tow.
Oh my, I hope you visit us soon.
We’ll be waiting, an hour after noon.

What can I say,
besides the fact that I’ll miss you everyday?

Mrs. Plowden’s the best,
Even when she gives us tests.

Mrs. Plowden why are you leaving us? We are all in a fuss.
English and Ta were the best,
Why can’t you be here for the rest?

I think you’re pretty dandy,
Even when you don’t give us candy.


Dear Mrs. Plowden and Kaleigh,
We will miss you two.
The fun times,
The sad times,
But we always had the talking time!

I will really miss you,
You are such a great teacher, the teachers that can match you are few.

I will miss you, I will cry boo hoo.
I sometimes went coo coo, but I will miss you.
Yours always,

Dear Queen of English, you are pretty much the coolest teacher in like a long time.
I will miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Dear Mrs. Plowden, You are the very best.
I hope you have a good mom quest!

Mrs. Plowden, understanding and help me learn.
My passion for you deep inside burns.

Even though I’m really sad,
I hope when you have your baby you are really glad.

Even though we would like you to stay,
Your new born baby is on the way.
We will miss you much,
We will miss you well,
We will miss you more than we can tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dogburt said...

Yay, Mrs. Plowden!!!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's obvious you are a great teacher!! Obvious that you've had a great and positive impact on these kids. Well done, Mrs. Plowden!!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home