Friday, October 06, 2006

On Foot In Mouth Disease...

This will be the first enstallment of what I hope is almost a weekly series here at the Halls of Mental Midgetry. I find that many of my phone conversations with my wife while I'm at work are marked by their hilarity. Today, I give you an example of one that was not marked by its hilarity, but by its totally idiocy on my part.

Beeley: "I'm no longer talking to Matt and Jill."
Better Half: "Why?" (said it a hushed tone like I'm about to spill some really good dirt)
Beeley: "They signed up for Blockbuster.com rather than Netflix and then had the gall to announce it on their blog like it was something to be proud of. Seriously, that's something you try and hide. Like having a third nipple or something..."
Better Half: (no longer impressed) "Whatever. Atleast they update their blog unlike someone I know."
Beeley: (sounding coy) "Oh reeeeeally. I guess you are right. I certainly haven't updated my blog lately."
Better Half: "Wait. You've updated? After I begged you all summer? How many posts do you have?"
Beeley: "Just two. But they are already roundly noted by the masses for their literary merit."
Better Half: "I can't believe you didn't tell me you started posting again. Did you post about how awesome your wife is?"
Beeley: "Huh....yes?"
Better Half: "You probably said something embarrassing didn't you? What did you say."
Beeley: "You'll just have to read it. It's that good. I just don't feel right about taking the privilege of reading it for the first time away from you."
Better Half: "I'm here feeding K-Mad. I just finished two hours of working online for school. Just tell me what you blogged about."
Beeley: "Whatever. Read it for yourself, you have more time than I do anyway."
(silence)
Angry Better Half: "What do you mean by that?"
Beeley: "Uh..."
Angry Better Half: "I'm hanging up now." (hangs up).
Beeley: "So, so smooth there Beeley."

Seriously, I know I like to call this place the Halls of Mental Midgetry... but do I have to go around proving its truth?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohhhhh, Beeley! Beeley! Beeley!

shame shAME SHAME!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Beeley said...

I know, I can't believe they chose Blockbuster over Netflix either!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

So that's why we haven't heard from you lately! It was the coupons - how could we resist the coupons??

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home